Gwenno Dafydd. MSc. Econ. (Women’s Studies)
I am a highly skilled and knowledgeable development professional. I am a fluent Welsh speaker and am able to work entirely though the medium of Welsh which includes delivery of all courses and holding coaching conversations in Welsh. I have particular expertise in women’s developmental projects including role models, mentoring and secondment opportunities in public, private and third sector organisations.
I was an Equal Opportunities Expert on the pioneering WDA SME Equality Project for nine years and have a thirty year and more portfolio of professional work and experience to draw upon and enrich the learning experience of my clients, encompassing Broadcasting, Performance, Education and Business.
My performance coaching is tailor-made to develop outstanding levels of competency in chosen professions. I am experienced in working with staff at all levels, up to, and including Chief Executive and Company President. (USA), in addition to face to face sessions. I have significant experience of coaching by phone, email and Skype to motivate and encourage corporate and individual clients, so distance is never an issue and my coaching skills have had tremendous results as far away as New Zealand and New York.
Confidence is key to all success and confidence is achieved by action which I encourages wholeheartedly in a Non-Directive way, using incisive questioning and a focus on achievable but ambitious goals and solutions. I love to have fun whilst working very hard!!! Passionate about communicating, I speak five languages. I am immensely proud to have represented Welsh numerous times on an international level in athletics.
- ILM Accredited Stage 1 and 2 Coach (Level 7 ILM Equivalent) ECR Training Cardiff. 2012. CPD ongoing with this group.
- International Artist Rights & Music Management Professional Business Development Programme. Level 1. (Welsh Music Foundation) April 2013
- MSc. Econ. Social Sciences (Women’s Studies) University of Wales, Cardiff 1996
- Certificate of Education (Drama & Welsh Junior Secondary Teaching Qualification) University of Glamorgan (Barry Teacher Training College 1978)
Present Regular Clients
- University of Glamorgan (Affiliate Coach at Leadership Coaching Centre) http://www.ugcs.co.uk/The-Workplace-Executive-Coaching-Centre/coaches-summaries.asp
- Sport Wales. Various Leadership Coaching Sessions and preparing the 2015 Welsh Netball Team World Cup Squad for the Press in Australia. http://sport.wales/?lang=en&
- Royal College of Nursing – ‘First Aid for a Confidence Crisis (x3)
- TUC – Various confidence building courses (2014 & 2015)
- NUT – Public Speaking Course.
- Welsh Assembly Government (Role Model on the Dynamo Project) http://ms.fs4b.wales.gov.uk/sub_sites/yes/content/dynamo/role_models.aspx
- Chwarae Teg. (Various Confidence & Assertiveness Courses) http://chwaraeteg.com/
- Cult Cymru (Creative Unions Learning Together) Assertiveness, Confidence and Networking Courses http://www.cultcymru.org/
- University of Glamorgan ( Welsh Medium Support Lecturer @ the Atrium, Television and Radio Presenting Course) http://cci.glam.ac.uk/
- Food Standards Agency. http://www.food.gov.uk/wales/safetyhygienewales/schoolwales/crucial#.UVWB_aI9OSo
- BBC (Radio & Television) http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/nature/sites/walking/pages/sw_trefin.shtml
- Tinopolis (S4C) Televison http://www.s4c.co.uk/clic/e_level2.shtml?series_id=503071722
- Bay Resourcing. http://www.bayresourcing.com/
Check out my TESTIMONIALS page to see why these are regular clients.